Tuesday, July 04, 2000

Pismo Beach, or Why My Husband Jacked My Sister Trip


Over 4th of July weekend, my husband's groomsmen were going to throw him a bachelor party in Las Vegas. He's not a fan of Vegas, doesn't gamble, doesn't drink and wasn't interested in strip clubs, strippers or hookers (or maybe he just knew that I wouldn't be interested in him if he had an interest in those things). But whatever they did, my sister and I thought it would be fun to go on a sister trip. Because she had always wanted to go, she chose Pismo Beach, and we made reservations at a cute little hotel with beach frontage. Well, husband ditched the bachelor party and instead came with us to Pismo. Ended up being quite fun, but caused my sister to complain that my husband "jacked" her sister trip.

As a do-over, we went to Fiji the following year (details are posted, see September 2001). She was satisfied with this do-over and said it might be better than the original sister trip. Maybe.